I quite possibly could be the AP member with the lowest IQ on here. But I have actually been thinking (without a beer in hand) on this Lockout/Decertification matter. If someone would, please correct me on a couple of points:
- If the players walked away from the table and decertified as a union, then there is no union any longer.
- Now the players are all individuals representing themselves with the owners
- However, each player has a contract to play football for their repsective teams until the contract expires or is terminated
- The owners also have a employer/employee relationship with each player as most businesses do with employees not represented by a union
- There is no longer a need for a lockout and the owners get to keep all their profits, as any normal business owner does
- The players play for their compensation outlined in their contracts as each of us would in our respective jobs
- If they dont like it, then Burger King is hiring
Did I forget something?
Now why are we not carrying on with business as usual?
I now it isnt this simple, but with a simple mind, it sure seems like it should be.