The Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos will meet this weekend and one of the biggest differences in this connections versus the one from the first meeting between these two teams is of course QB Kyle Orton, who comes from Denver to KC.
Others include Casey Wiegmann, who spent time in both Denver and KC, Joel Collier, whose father worked with Denver for 20 years and then the Colquitt brothers.
Check out all these connections and more (courtesy of the Chiefs' game release):
- Kansas City GM Scott Pioli and Denver director of pro personnel Keith Kidd, national scout Adam Peters and DT Ty Warren worked together with the New England Patriots.
- Chiefs assistant GM Joel Collier is the son of Joe Collier, who served 20 seasons as an assistant coach with Denver (69-88). The younger Collier played collegiately at Northern Colorado.
- Kansas City QB Kyle Orton played with Denver (09-11).
- Kansas City P Dustin Colquitt is the brother of Denver P Britton Colquitt.
- Kansas City DL Amon Gordon spent time in Denver (07).
- Kansas City assistant strength and conditioning coach Brent Salazar worked with the Broncos (05) and is a Denver native.
- Chiefs C Casey Wiegmann (08-09) played in Denver.
- Denver head coach John Fox was an assistant coach at Kansas (83).
- Chiefs CB Jalil Brown played at Colorado (06-10).
- Broncos CB Chris Harris played at Kansas (07-10).
- Broncos DT Jamal Williams played at Kemper Military School in Boonville, Mo.
- Chiefs LBs coach Gary Gibbs and defensive assistant/assistant LBs coach Adam Zimmer were on the same coaching staff as Denver defensive coordinator Dennis Allen with New Orleans.
- Kansas City WRs coach Richie Anderson and Denver assistant secondary coach Sam Garnes were teammates with the NY Jets (02).
- Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen worked alongside Chiefs director of pro personnel Ray Farmer, director of college scouting Phil Emery, special teams coach Steve Hoffman, DBs coach Emmitt Thomas and LB Demorrio Williams while with Atlanta.