Wow, what a week in football. I didn't know where to start so I decided I would write a post to see what other people thought about this week. There are a bunch of topics out there to discuss, but here are a few of mine that stick out.
1. Kyle Orton looked GOOD. I don't know how good he will be for the rest of the season, but this initial showing really makes me happy.
2. Our D is legit. We need some more push up the middle, but they showed that with a couple additions they could be a dominant defense.
3. Romeo oh Romeo. What to do with our Interim HC? We could make him our new head coach for next year, but who do we make our offensive and defensive cooridnators next year? Im not sure Muir is the answer. If we were to go and get someone like Fisher, then I have a bad feeling that Romeo just won himself a HC job somewhere other than here. I know he said he would stay on as the DC, but he also said he wanted to be the HC again.
4. The Colts won. This makes thing really interesting for the Draft. If they win again, they will be tied with St.Louis, and Minnesota. Both teams have 1rst round QB's already. Which makes me think there could be a Draft day trade for the number 1 pick. I think that would be too expensive for the Chiefs to do especially if we keep winning, but it makes me think. . .
5 I don't think Kyle Orton will be on this team after this season. The main reason is because I think that he will want a big contract. At least a 5 year or so contract. I can't think that the Chiefs will be willing to give him that, Especially if he keeps winning. If he wins the rest of the games, I would think he would be asking for a contract in the neighborhood of 5 yrs 50 mil. Im not opposed, but I don't think its likely.
6. Matt Cassel. Do we cut him? I don't think so. I think we keep him as a back up, or try to trade him for 2, 3rd. He is probably one of the top 3 back-up QB's out there, and could probably start for around 5 teams. He has some value.
7. If all my dreams come true and we draft a QB in the 1rst, what do we do with our QB's? That would leave us with Cassel, Stanzi, 1 Draft. We usually only suit up 2 QB's. I don't mention Orton because I believe he will be gone and he isn't under contract.
Well, I think that is enough rambling right now, I just wanted to see what other people are thinking.