The Kansas City Chiefs defense has not been successful against the Denver Broncos offense this Sunday. The Broncos have barely passed the ball yet they lead 10-0.
Here are some notes on the second quarter:
- The Chiefs' continue to have offensive line protection problems. Matt Cassel was hit and fumbled near KC's own goal-line but the Chiefs thankfully recovered. The drive resulted in a punt.
- In general, the Chiefs have had little success doing anything on offense.
- Jonathan Baldwin had a ridiculous grab towards the end of the half. I can't even describe it. Unfortunately, the play was null and void because of off-setting penalties. We'll have video of the catch ASAP.
- The Chiefs just can't get any sort of a drive going. Let's hope that changes in the second half.
- The Broncos continue to pound away at the run, throwing the ball only once at the ten-minute mark of the second quarter.
- The Chiefs finally made a third down stop (the Broncos had attempted four third downs at the time) and it resulted in a Denver field goal. 10-0, Broncos. Less than ten minutes left in the second quarter.
- The Broncos aren't exactly killing the Chiefs. Romeo Crennel needs to shut down this one-dimensional Denver offense in the second half.
First quarter commentary is here. So, halftime. How are you feeling?