KANSAS CITY, MO - OCTOBER 31: Running back Jackie Battle #26 of the Kansas City Chiefs dives over the San Diego Chargers defense from one-yard out for a touchdown during the fourth quarter on October 31, 2011 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. The Chiefs defeated the Chargers 23-20 in overtime. (Photo by Peter Aiken/Getty Images)
I am still speechless from the game last night. All I know is the Chiefs are in first place and I've never shouted towards the heavens like I did when Rivers fumbled that snap. I'm sitting at KCI getting ready to go home and I keep playing the game over in my head. It was the best.
Unfortunately, it's a short week and the team has to prepare for a winless but gritty Miami Dolphins squad. I have watched their last two games in their entirety and I must say the team must stay focused. This team is still trying very hard to win. I wondered how Vegas would react to our win, coupled with another decent Dolphins performance. Either way, I anticipate that we will be installed as a Week 9 favorite.
Let's find out for sure in this week's edition of The Opening Line!The Miami Dolphins will be visiting Kansas City Sunday and enter the game with an (0-7) record. The Chiefs, winners of four straight, now sit at the top of the AFC West. The good folks out in the desert have installed the Chiefs as the favorites in this one and the opener is -5.5 and the total is at 39.5.
At first glance it would seem that the Chiefs should be the play, but let's not get to far ahead of ourselves just yet. This could shape up to be another low scoring contest and if so, the Dolphins could be primed for a cover, even if they are defeated. Let's see what the trends are regarding this matchup.
- Top Trends Under is 4-0 in Chiefs last 4 games after allowing more than 250 yards passing in their previous game
- Chiefs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games on grass.
- Chiefs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 vs. AFC.
- Chiefs are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Under is 6-0 in Chiefs last 6 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Under is 4-0 in Chiefs last 4 games on grass.
- Over is 4-0 in Chiefs last 4 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0.
- Over is 4-0-1 in Chiefs last 5 games in Week 9.
- Chiefs are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a home favorite of 0.5-3.0.
- Chiefs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS win.
- ATS Under is 6-0 in Dolphins last 6 games overall.
- Under is 4-0 in Dolphins last 4 games after allowing more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
- Under is 4-0 in Dolphins last 4 games on grass.
- Under is 6-0 in Dolphins last 6 games following a S.U. loss.
- Under is 5-0 in Dolphins last 5 vs. AFC.
- Under is 5-1 in Dolphins last 6 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 5-1 in Dolphins last 6 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 4-1 in Dolphins last 5 games in Week 9.
- Dolphins are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
- Dolphins are 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a S.U. loss.
- Dolphins are 1-8-1 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
- Dolphins are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
- Dolphins are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after allowing less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Dolphins are 0-7-1 ATS in their last 8 vs. AFC.
- Dolphins are 0-7-1 ATS in their last 8 games on the road.
By far the most trends we have seen all year an they clearly point to the Chiefs and the under as probable outcomes. Unfortunately we don't play games by trends and only execution will guarantee that outcome.
Thanks for reading, and hope you all are enjoying our time here in first place! For now though, this has been The Opening Line. Have a great day!