As expected, the Indianapolis Colts will start QB Curtis Painter over QB Kerry Collins on Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs. Colts coach Jim Caldwell confirmed the news that we all expected this morning.
So, officially, it'll be Painter facing the Chiefs. Chiefs coach Todd Haley said earlier in the week that the Chiefs were preparing for both quarterbacks, although early signs pointed to Painter starting. Painter has little experience and the Chiefs have beaten a Kerry Collins-led team in six of eight career meetings so they won't get a chance to extend that win-loss record.
Here are a few career highlights with Painter, a 2009 draft pick:
- Completed 26-of-69 passes for a 37.7 percent completion percentage
- 424 career passing yards at 6.1 yards per attempt
- Two career touchdown passes
- Two career interceptions
- Sacked eight times
- 56.7 career passer rating
- 0-2 record as a starter
- Appeared in seven career games