OAKLAND CA - OCTOBER 31: Matt Hasselbeck #8 of the Seattle Seahawks is tackled by Richard Seymour #92 of the Oakland Raiders at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on October 31 2010 in Oakland California. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
The good guys face off against the bad guys as the Kansas City Chiefs
travel to the west coast to play the Oakland Raiders
. The two teams have been playing each other for decades so there are a few connections between the players and coaching staffs of each team.
Courtesy of the Chiefs game release, here are your weekly connections between the Chiefs and the Raiders.
- Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and Oakland DT Richard Seymour were members of the New England Patriots (02-08) when the franchise won three Super Bowls.
- Oakland offensive coordinator Al Saunders (89-98, 01-05) worked with Kansas City.
- Raiders DBs coach Kevin Ross played with Kansas City (84-93, 97) and will be inducted into the Chiefs Hall of Honor of Oct. 31.
- Raiders CB Chris Johnson spent time with Kansas City in 2006.
- Chiefs T Jared Gaither, DT Kelly Gregg, and FB Le'Ron McClain were teammates of Raiders QB Kyle Boller with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Oakland RB Rock Cartwright played collegiately at Kansas State (00-01).
- Oakland QB Jason Campbell and RB Rock Cartwright played for Chiefs QBs coach Jim Zorn when he was head coach of the Washington Redskins.
- Raiders strength coach Brad Roll coached at Kansas (87-88).
- Oakland LB Kamerion Wimbley played for Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel when he was head coach of the Cleveland Browns (06-08). Wimbley also prepped at Northwest HS in Wichita, Kan.
- Kansas City football operations assistant Tom Caracciolo is the brother of Oakland football operations staffer Pete Caracciolo.