In this week's edition of Chiefs-Ravens connections, Al Saunders emerges as the biggest blast from the past. Saunders was a Chiefs' offensive coach from 1989 to 1998, as well as the offensive coordinator during one of the great offensive runs in history from 2001 to 2005. He currently serves in a consulting role for Ravens.
Chiefs GM Scott Pioli also has a connection to the Baltimore Ravens front office. Heck, even Josh Looney made this week's list. As usual, use this list to sound smarter than your friends on game day.
Check out all of the Ravens-Chiefs connections, courtesy of the Chiefs game release, after the jump...
- Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli served as the pro personnel coordinator with Baltimore ('96). He moved to Baltimore when the franchise relocated from Cleveland, where he served as a scouting asst. ('92) and pro personnel asst. ('93-95), working with current Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome.
- Baltimore senior offensive asst. Al Saunders ('89-98, 2001-05), WRs coach Jim Hostler (2000) and OL coach John Matsko (2006-07) all coached with Kansas City.
- Chiefs DL coach Anthony Pleasant played with Baltimore ('96).
- Kansas City WR Terrance Copper played with Baltimore (2008).
- Baltimore K Billy Cundiff spent time with Kansas City (2008).
- Chiefs WRs coach Richie Anderson is a native of Sandy Springs, MD.
- Kansas City T Branden Albert is a native of Glen Burnie, MD.
- Baltimore OLBs coach Ted Monachino MONACHINO prepped at Bethany, MO. He coached at Paciﬁc (MO) HS, Hannibal (MO) HS and at SW Missouri State.
- Ravens asst. OL coach Andy Moeller coached at Missouri ('94-99).
- Ravens CB Cary Williams played collegiately at Washburn University in Topeka, KS where he was teammates with Chiefs Insider Josh Looney.
Anyone not listed?