As tough as that game was to watch yesterday(mainly the 2nd half) I think something positive will come from that playoff game. NEWSFLASH: the chiefs dont have much of a passing game! Yes the chiefs had a pretty good year and made significant improvements across the board but i think most of us know deep down that there is still room for improvement and we have a little ways to go before we can hang with the big boys(patriots, steelers, ravens, colts)of the AFC. I think that our defense is much improved(thanks to romeo crennel) and with the addition of one or two new players(NT & OLB) could be good enough to take us deep into the postseason. After the jump is my wishlist for who we should take a look at through free agency listed from most important on down
1) Vincent Jackson- If the chargers decide not to sign him to a longterm deal I think the chiefs have a shot at him simply because i think jackson would love the chance to play him former team twice a year!
2) Santonio Holmes- I know he has character issues and isnt what the chiefs and scott pioli look for in a player but he is super talented and could make a huge impact on our team and most importantly the development of Matt Cassel!
3) Steve Smith(NYG)- This is one that I could realistically see happening. Young solid player, fits into the Pioli mold and could be signed at a resonable price
5) Lance Moore or Santana Moss-both of these player would add a veteran presence to a team in need of a polished reciever
1) Ryan Harris(Denver)- still young(25) and has big upside
2) Jared Gaither- young player with massive size could hold down right side for a long time if the ravens let him walk
3) Jeron Bushrod- the saints really want to sign both of their pro bowl guards to longterm contracts and that may make Bushrod the odd man out
1) Mathias Kiwanuka- the giants are loaded on their front seven and Kiwanuka probably wont be resigned. I feel he is the best OLB available and would make an immediate impact starting opposite Tamba Hali
1) Aubrayo Franklin- Although he had a down year I still think he is the best NT available and we would have a legitimate chance to sign him