KANSAS CITY MO - SEPTEMBER 02: Safety Ricky Price #35 of the Kansas City Chiefs breaks up a pass intended for receiver Charles Dillon #17 of the Green Bay Packers during the game on September 2 2010 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City Missouri. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)
Good morning Kansas City Chiefs fans!
We've got another great post-game tradition for you today - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the Chiefs' NFL preseason win against the Green Bay Packers.
We've got more Good to talk about than Bad and Ugly, which is a fantastic feeling to have while writing this.
Joel and I collaborated on this one - it's all there, after the jump...
- Javier Arenas' 44-yard kick return (51-yard punt). LB Cory Greenwood nearly blocked the punt on the play (He might've tipped it).
- On 3rd and 1, Matt Cassel faked a handoff to the right and a pitched to Dexter McCluster for 14 yards.
- LB Demorrio Williams had a great sack. He lined up as a right end with his hand on the ground (Playing Tamba Hali's position) and zipped past Green Bay's right tackle to make the sack. It was his third sack in two games.
- WR Dwayne Bowe, streaking across the field, caught a Matt Cassel pass at the 30-yard line and took it down to the 3 yard line.
- S Kendrick Lewis broke up a pass on the goal line.
- S Ricky Price had a better pass breakup. The Green Bay wide receiver essentially had the ball caught in the end zone but Price wiggled his hand in and twisted the football out.
- Javier Arenas broke up a TD pass in the corner of the end zone.
- RB Jackie Battle's (TE Tony Moeaki sealed the hole) 50-yard run down the right side of the field.
- Both Matt Cassel and Brodie Croyle led touchdown drives.