CLEVELAND - SEPTEMBER 19: Defenders Wallace Gilberry #92 Tamba Hali #91 and Donald Washington #27 of the Kansas City Chiefs celebrate a sack against the Cleveland Browns at Cleveland Browns Stadium on September 19 2010 in Cleveland Ohio. (Photo by Matt Sullivan/Getty Images)
You've got two categories:
- The ones who think the Chiefs are legit and rank them based on the record.
- The ones who had them ranked so low to start the season they can't possibly bring them into the top 10.
We've got a mix of both in various NFL power rankings I gathered.
- SB Nation: 20 (22): There's some excitement building in Kansas City with two consecutive wins. Beating the Chargers is a big win and beating the Browns is expected. The Chiefs may be able to make some noise in the AFC West this year.
- FOX Sports: 10 (22) OK, I'm surprised they are 2-0. It's amazing that they have a quarterback who has not thrown for even 200 yards in either game, but they are still undefeated. The signing of veteran RB Thomas Jones has provided a very nice boost to their running game.
- Walter Football: 23 (26) Worst 2-0 team ever? Quite possibly.
- Pro Football Talk: 12 (16) Maybe they should rename them the "Overachiefers."
RealGM: 19 (26)
What do you think? I'd say 10-20 is pretty fair. They're definitely in that range.