chiefs packer preseason
The Kansas City Chiefs are up by a touchdown against the Green Bay Packers, 17 to 10. Ryan Succop kicked a short field goal to get Kansas City to 17 points and Green Bay scored a quick touchdown after a big play.
Here are some notes as we enter the fourth quarter:
- The Chiefs gave up a 77-yard catch and run to the Packers. It was blown coverage by the secondary and Green Bay WR Brett Swain should have scored.
- WR Jeremy Horne lost 12-yards on possibly the dumbest play I've seen this NFL preseason. He was handed the ball by Dexter McCluster, ran right, found no room, and ran like 25-yards backwards. Just a dumb, rookie move. Then Horne ran into Javarris WIlliams as he tried to catch the ball on a kick return.
- The Chiefs hurried Green Bay QB Matt Flynn on a fourth down play, causing him to throw the ball high to his receiver and allow the Chiefs to take over.
- S Ricky Price had a great pass breakup in the end zone. The receiver had the ball essentially but Price stuck his hand under the ball and twisted it out.
- RB Tim Castille ran the ball 42- yards to the 12-yard line on a combination of power and good cuts.
Keep up the talk in the comments.