The Kansas City Chiefs are up by seven late in the first quarter against the Green Bay Packers. Here are five quick hits since our last thread during this NFL preseason game:
- Javier Arenas took a Green Bay punt (nearly blocked by Chiefs LB Cory Greenwood) back 44-yards before he was pulled down.
- QB Matt Cassel scrambled on a third down and hit Dwayne Bowe on the sideline of the end zone, but Bowe was called out of bounds. It was a good looking play by both players though even if the pass was a too far out of bounds.
- WR Dwayne Bowe slipped in the first quarter and the ball was picked off by the Packers' defense.
- LB Demorrio Williams had a nice sack late in the first quarter where he lined up as a defensive end.
- K Ryan Succop missed a 51-yard field goal.
- WR Dwayne Bowe had a long catch and run that ended up on the 5-yard line. TE Leonard Pope caught a TD two plays later.
The Chiefs' offense is looking pretty good so far. The play of the defense, while pretty good, is still against essentially the Packers' second team.