Every team in the NFL has strengths and weaknesses, tendencies, and go-to guys. They have plays they like to call during tight situations or directions they like to run when in the middle of the football field.
After only one game the Cleveland Browns have two tendencies according to the numbers:
- They like to pass to short and to their right.
- They like to run at the their center and right guard.
Let's find out how the Browns tendencies match up with the Chief's strengths and weaknesses.
Browns Rushing Offense
|Left End||Left Tackle||Left Guard||Up the Middle||Right Guard||Right Tackle||Right End|
|Plays: 3||Plays: 2||Plays: 2||Plays: 6||Plays: 6||Plays: 2||Plays: 2|
|NFL Rank: 12||NFL Rank: 18||NFL Rank: 19||NFL Rank: 14||NFL Rank: 3||NFL Rank: 18||NFL Rank: 18|
|Avg Gain: 6.67||Avg Gain: -2.00||Avg Gain: 4.00||Avg Gain: 9.67||Avg Gain: 2.67||Avg Gain: 0.00||Avg Gain: 2.50|
|NFL Rank: 6||NFL Rank: 27||NFL Rank: 12||NFL Rank: 3||NFL Rank: 13||NFL Rank: 27||NFL Rank: 22|
Browns Rushing Notes:
- Last week I wrote that the San Diego Chargers would attack the Chiefs in the center of the defense because their preseason stats indicated that is where they liked to go. Well, the Chargers ran the ball 16 times (3rd in the NFL the first week) right at the Chiefs nose tackle.
- If the Browns have a running tendency by the numbers I suppose it would be right at the center or right guard. Look for the Browns to test the Chiefs up the middle again. The Chiefs gave up 3.5 yards per carry up the middle against the Chargers. That was 14th in the NFL.
Browns Passing Offense
Avg Gain: 5.5NFL Rank: 16
Avg Gain: 20.5NFL Rank: 09
Avg Gain: 0.0NFL Rank: 20
||MIDDLE SHORT||RIGHT SHORT
Avg Gain: 3.0NFL Rank: 29
Avg Gain: 5.6NFL Rank: 18
Avg Gain: 7.1NFL Rank: 04
|Browns Passing Zone Frequency Chart
Browns Passing Notes:
- One tendency in the passing game is that the Browns threw the ball to the right and short a glaring 19 times in their first game. Don't be surprised if the Browns decide the fields of Flowers aren't so tasty on that side of the Chiefs defense. I look for them to even those left/right numbers up against the Chiefs.
- The Chargers attacked the Chiefs 7 times on both the right and left short areas. Going to the Chargers left they picked up 4.3 yards a catch and right 3.0 yards per catch.
Click On "Bewsaf Past Posts" for more past articles
|*Chiefs Preseason: Breaking Down The O-Line Tape - Primer||*What You Look For in an NFL Offensive Lineman - The Basics||