The Kansas City Chiefs have won their first preseason game since Aug. 28, 2008.
That's what I was preparing to write. Instead, the Philadelphia Eagles scored with 23 seconds remaining to win the game 20-17.
Here's the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm off to the locker room to see what the players have to say.
- The Chiefs had five total sacks. Andy Studebaker had two, Demorrio Williams had two and Dion Gales had one.
- The Chiefs offense turned the ball over on the first possession but the Chiefs defense didn't allow a touchdown after that first Eagles drive.
- Tamba Hali pressured Kevin Kolb on several occasions.
- Derrick Johnson pressured Kolb to force the incompletion on a big third down.
- Matt Cassel had a four-yard touchdown pass to Dwayne Bowe
- Kendrick Lewis had an interception and then returned it 27 yards setting up the Chiefs second touchdown.
- The Chiefs defense as a whole. They had a very, very solid night overall.
- Cassel was sacked and fumbled the ball (the Chiefs recovered).
- LeSean McCoy ran 18 yards for the Eagles first touchdown on the second play from scrimmage.
- On third and three, the Chiefs lined up in shotgun and Cassel threw an interception (tipped pass).
- Jamaal Charles fumbled the ball on the first play from scrimmage.
- Dexter McCluster caught a pass putting the Chiefs at the Eagles 23-yard line only to have it called back because of a hold on Brandon Albert. They were moved back to the their own 40.
- Most of Tyler Palko's passes
- Cameron Sheffield had a scary looking neck injury and was carted off.
- The Chiefs allowed the Eagles to 80 yards in the last two minutes to win the game.