I've returned from the Kansas City Chiefs night practice. Since it's late and I'm tired and you're likely tired as well, I'll have the full report in the morning.
For now, here's a quick recap of the basics:
- There were about 3,500 folks in attendance. The previous night practice had about 8,000 while the scrimmage had over 10,000.
- Not participating: Brodie Croyle, Kestahn Moore, Darryl Harris and Jon McGraw.
- Casey Wiegmann saw time as the first team center.
- First team nickel linebackers: OLBs Tamba Hali and Cameron Sheffield, ILBs Mike Vrabel and Derrick Johnson. Andy Studebaker had been in Sheffield's spot in previous practices.
- Matt Cassel hit Tony Moeaki's outstretched hands with defenders surrounding him on a deep route down the middle of the field that might have been for six in a real game.
- Ryan Succop made kicks of 37, 41 and 51 yards with room to spare.
- The defense had several interceptions (and near interceptions) during team work.
- We had our first rookie hazing: Javier Arenas was tied to the goal post.
We'll be back in the morning with much, much more.