The Kansas City Chiefs are down by a field goal to the Atlanta Falcons as the first quarter draws to a close. The Chiefs haven't looked especially good in the first quarter of the year but we've still got three quarters to go.
Here are some notes:
- The Falcons' second possession ended with a missed 53-yard field goal;
- Tamba Hali has a couple of tackles;
- Matt Cassel stepped up in the pocket and fumbled the ball (Chiefs recovered) on the Chiefs' first possession;
- The Chiefs had trouble stopping the Falcons on Atlanta's first drive of the game, especially against the run. They did hold the Falcons to a field goal though;
- Branden Albert was called for holding on third down;
- Tony Gonzalez has two catches; and,
- The Chiefs' first offensive possession didn't yield much. It ended with a Dustin Colquitt punt. Same thing with the second possession.
Keep the conversation going in the comments. And for those who seem to be taking the game a bit too seriously, it's preseason. Take a deep breath. Everything will be okay.