Finally football is here!
The last time the Chiefs/Falcons played it was the debut of Tyler Thigpen. The Chiefs lost the game 38-14 Thigpen threw 3 picks.
This game won't count in the standings but it will count amongest the fans. If the Chiefs shutout Atlanta Crennel has fixed the defense, If Cassel throws a few picks he's Steve Bono.
All kidding aside the pre-season is meaningless for the average fan but for the football aficionados like myself this is a great time of the year.
Heres what to watch for in this game:
* Last year we had a pretty good indication a few pre-season games into the season that the offensive line wouldn't be good this year I expect it to improve.
Teams usually don't scheme in the pre-season thats why QB, RB, and all other skill position stats should be thrown out the window. You can however get the feel for how a team will be in the trenches IE: the most important part of a football game.
So look out for these players:
* Ryan Lilja who is playing out of position,
* Rudy Niswanger whos never been that great at center,
* Casey Wiegmann who i'm betting won't make the final roster,
* Jon Asamoah, and
* Daryl Harris who likely won't play due to injury.
The tandom of Lilja, Asamoah, and Harris could make Brian Waters expendable.
On the defense side of the ball keep an eye out on Tyson Jackson who was less than impressive last year and Shaun Smith, Ron Edwards, Derek Lokey and whoever else plays nose tackle. If the Chiefs don't get solid play at the nose tackle position look for this defense to be one of the worst aginst the run this year.
Enjoy Go Chiefs!