Using our trusty rookie signings guide -- Mac's Football Blog's rookie signings tracker -- I've taken a closer look at which rookie picks should be signing contracts soon.
Remember, there's a difference between a contract being agreed to and being announced. The Chiefs have occasionally announced a handful of picks on the same day. When that happens, you probably know they've agreed to terms with a few of them days even weeks earlier.
What we're going to do is look at the floor and the ceiling for each deal. A few players have been getting signed -- mostly in the later rounds -- so we can pretty much nail down what their contract will be.
S Eric Berry:
This is the big one. These negotiations likely haven't even started.
WR/RB Dexter McCluster:
Picks after the first round are generally pretty easy. McCluster shouldn't change that.
CB Javier Arenas:
I've got visions in my head of Taylor Mays being a diva and screwing up the slotting system here but this far down, it shouldn't be a problem.
G Jon Asamoah:
67. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Myron Lewis, S, Vanderbilt - Signed (4-years, $2.72M; $930,100 signing bonus)
68. Kansas City Chiefs - Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois
69. Oakland Raiders - Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale
This one will only slightly trickier than the ones below because you're dealing with more bonus money but it shouldn't be a problem.
TE Tony Moeaki:
No one signed yet.
135. Atlanta Falcons - Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma - Agreed to Terms (4-years, financial terms undisclosed)
136. Kansas City Chiefs - Kendrick Lewis, S, Mississippi
137. Denver Broncos - Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State - Signed (4-years, $1.991M; ~$202,000 signing bonus)
This is as easy as it gets. The difference between the bonus money of the Falcons and Broncos players is probably less than $1,000.
OLB Cameron Sheffield:
141. Chicago Bears - Joshua Moore, CB, Kansas State - Signed (4-years, $1.988M; $198,000 signing bonus)
142. Kansas City Chiefs - Cameron Sheffield, LB, Troy
143. Jacksonville Jaguars - Larry Hart, LB, Central Arkansas
The difference between pick 137 and 141 is $4,000 in bonus money. This can't be hard to get done.