Last week the fans on AP voted on "Which Chiefs Moment Hurt the Worst?" and chose the 1995 season in which a kicker who shall not be named missed three field goals (it felt like five).
After voting, Matt_Grbac and others made this request:
If you're gonna do a post like this you better back it up with a "favorite Chiefs moment" post. Don't leave us with these terrible bookmarks of Chiefs history.
So, which is the proudest milestone in recent history?
Kansas City Chiefs 2007:
Tony Gonzalez breaks Shannon Sharpe's career touchdown record by a tight end at 63. Tony starts to become recognized as possibly the best tight end to ever play the game in the NFL.
- Significant Moment: Tony Gonzalez sets new NFL career TD record at 63.
Kansas City Chiefs 2003:
The Chiefs came roaring out of the gates in 2003 winning their first nine games of the season. The Chiefs finished the season with a 13-3 record and a first round bye in the playoffs.
- Significant Moment: Chiefs get out to a 9-0 start and finish with a 13-3 record and a first round bye in the playoffs.
Kansas City Chiefs 2003:
Priest Holmes breaks his own touchdown mark and sets the single season touchdown record with 28 touchdowns.
- Significant Moment: Priest Holmes sets NFL single season touchdown record at 28.
Kansas City Chiefs 2002:
Priest Holmes powers Kansas City's offensive machine by scoring a league leading 24 touchdowns and accumulating 2,287 all-purpose yards. Priest was named the NFL's offensive player of the year...and he even missed two games.
- Significant Moment: Priest Holmes gets NFL offensive player of the year award.
Kansas City Chiefs 90s:
The Kansas City Chiefs are the winningest team (by percentage) of the 1990s. Arrowhead stadium became the home of he second best home field advantage in the 1990s.
- Significant Moment: Chiefs are the winningest team of the 1990s (by percentage).
Kansas City Chiefs 1993:
The 1993 season started with the Kansas City Chiefs trading for quarterback Joe Montana. With Montana and a few other key additions the Chiefs finished the season with an 11-5 record and won the AFC west title. The Chiefs would advance in the playoffs to play a road game against a highly favored Oilers team. The defensive coach had been talking smack the week leading up to the game. So it was no surprise fans erupted in front of their televisions when Keith Cash caught a 7-yard touchdown pass from Joe Montana and preceded to spike a poster of Buddy Ryan.
- Significant Moment: Chiefs make the playoffs and Joe "comeback" Montana orchestrates an electric playoff win against the Oilers.
Kansas City Chiefs 1991:
In 1991 the Kansas City Chiefs finished the regular season with a 10-6 mark and a playoff birth. This was the first time since 1968-1969 that the Chiefs franchise had qualified for the playoffs two consecutive years in a row.
- Significant Moment: Chiefs qualify for playoffs two consecutive years in a row. First time since 68-69.
Kansas City Chiefs 1990:
Playing a game in honor of his father who died in Vietnam, Derrick Thomas sacks the Seahawks quarterback Dave Krieg seven times. This performance set a new single game sack record and contributed to Derrick racking up 20 sacks in 1990.
- Significant Moment: Derrick Thomas sets single game sack record by sacking Dave Krieg seven times.
Kansas City Chiefs 1989:
The 1989 season saw a Chiefs player lead the NFL in rushing for the first time in team history. Christian Okoye set a club rushing record by grinding out 1480 yards.
Significant Moment: Christian Okoye rushes for 1480 yards and is the first Chiefs to lead the NFL in rushing.
Past Bewsaf posts:
|Research Articles||Satire||Humor||Player Evaluation|
|A Chiefs Dear John (rated R)|