KANSAS CITY MO - AUGUST 27: Matt Cassel #7 of the Kansas City Chiefs warms up prior to a preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles at Arrowhead Stadium on August 27 2010 in Kansas City Missouri. (Photo by G. Newman Lowrance/Getty Images)
Until a couple of seasons ago, the Kansas City Chiefs were nearly unbeatable at home, in Arrowhead Stadium, in the month of December. With a 7-0 record at home this year, and two of those wins coming in December, it's fair to say that Arrowhead is again a tough place to play in the winter.
And it's just not recent history that suggests a home win this weekend against the Oakland Raiders. Over the last twenty years, the Kansas City Chiefs have played at Arrowhead Stadium in Week 17 eight times. They've won seven of those games.
Here's the Chiefs' Week 17 history at home over the last 20 years:
- 2006 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (W)
- 2005 vs. Cincinnati Bengals (W)
- 2003 vs. Chicago Bears (W)
- 1999 vs Oakland Raiders (L)
- 1997 vs. New Orleans Saints (W)
- 1995 vs. Seattle Seahawks (W)
- 1993 vs. Seattle Seahawks (W)
- 1992 vs. Denver Broncos (W)