Wow. Just wow. A completely boring football game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills turned into a thriller in the fourth quarter and into overtime. The Chiefs and Bills almost tied. Ryan Succop hit a 35-yard field goal with five second left in OT to win the game. Chiefs win, 13 to 10.
Again. Wow. You want to see how crazy this game was? Check out this link. It shows what each team's chances were to win throughout the game. The fourth quarter and OT looks like the chart is having a heart attack.
This game wasn't necessarily thrilling because of the plays that happened but thrilling because of the plays that didn't happen. Fumbles were overturned, both teams missed an OT field goal, and both teams had a number of chances to win this game.
This game should not have been this close. Charlie Weis and Todd Haley did not take the Buffalo Bills seriously enough. On the Chiefs' first drive in overtime, the Chiefs had three runs in a row which produced 25 yards and two first downs. They then inexplicably threw the ball deep on the next plays, forcing a Chiefs punt.
We have so much to talk about. Here are some quick hits that we'll be touching upon in our post game coverage:
- Jamaal Charles and the Chiefs were able to run all over Buffalo to the tune of 274 yards rushing;
- Todd Haley had two quick timeout calls, one that nearly cost him the game and another that saved the game;
- There were probably 5-6 times in this game where I thought either the Chiefs were going to lose or they were going to win;
- Matt Cassel's 152 yard passing day was relatively uninspired, although I think he had a decent game;
- The Chiefs' pass rush looked great and helped us win this game in overtime;
Again, there are a million things to talk about. What sticks out most?