I thought, 'That's wrong. I wrote this week about the line being 4.5 points.'
Well, Wright is, uh, right and I'm wrong.
The line on the game has doubled since Tuesday. Nine points, if you were wondering, is a big line. Two scores is a lot.
QB Todd Bouman may be able to answer why it's doubled but here are a few other reasons:
- QB David Garrard is out and QB Trent Edwards is questionable.
- The Jaguars strength is rushing the ball while the Chiefs strength is stopping the run.
- Apparently QB Matt Cassel is a better option than the Jaguars second or third QB.
- The Chiefs have the No. 1 rushing attack in the league.
- The Chiefs are 2-0 at home this year.
- The Chiefs are nearing full health.
Maybe I just jinxed it but the Chiefs have plenty of reasons they should be winning this weekend.