Of course, based on the fact that Pioli never made an October trade, I figured there wasn't going to be in any action during the 2009 trade deadline. And, as we've mentioned already, the Chiefs did make a trade.
In order to help frame some of our trade debates today, here's a little context for how Scott Pioli has operated during the NFL trade deadline:
- The Patriots made 12 player/player or player/picks trades since 2001;
- The Patriots had some great value trades but also made some trades that completely backfired;
- They were quick to cut loose players with problems (off the field, contract issues and injuries);
- They traded for six players and traded away six players; and,
- They never traded away a first round pick for a player.