HOUSTON - OCTOBER 17: Andre Johnson #80 of the Houston Texans runs with the ball during game action against the Kansas City Chiefs at Reliant Stadium on October 17 2010 in Houston Texas. (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)
The Kansas City Chiefs defense has been among the best in the NFL through the first quarter of the season. On Sunday against the Houston Texans, they couldn't come up in clutch time and Houston scored a touchdown with 28 seconds remaining to take a 35-31 lead that ended up being the final score.
The play that we're going to remember in Kansas City is the phantom pass interference call on Brandon Flowers on the Texans game-winning drive. Replays showed Andre Johnson slightly pushing off of Flowers. Throughout the rest of the game, Flowers was seen on the sidelines yelling at the referee.
The game ended with a sack on Cassel by Texans DT Amobi Okoye.
Here are a few other highlights in the Chiefs 35-31 loss:
- Thomas Jones had 100 yards rushing and Jamaal Charles had 93 yards rushing
- Dwayne Bowe caught six passes for 108 yards and 2 TDs
- Matt Cassel completed 20-of-29 passes for 201 yards and 3 TDs
- Matt Schaub completed 25-of-33 passes for 305 yards and 2 TDs
- Andre Johnson had 8 catches for 138 yards and a TD
The Chiefs head home on their two-game road trip 0-2.