I took a listen to Soren Petro on the Chiefs Red Zone Podcast that was taped on Wednesday (and linked by AP reader ArrowSpread) and I must say, his guest, Mitch Holthus the 'Voice of the Chiefs', knows his Kansas City Chiefs talk.
His knowledge of the Chiefs is, frankly, a little crazy.
Here's a sampling of statistics Holthus threw out there during the interview:
- Chiefs have not turned the ball over in the red zone in 19 games.
- 1st in the NFL with zero giveaway points. The NFL average after three weeks is 13.
- They have 24 takeaway points. The NFL average after three weeks is 13.
- Only two teams have less negative plays than the Chiefs.
- Chiefs are top 5 in fewest penalties.
- 5th in penalty yards by unit (not getting 10 and 15 yard penalties).
- 1st in the NFL in rushing and 1st in the in runs of 20+ or more in the NFL (4 for Jamaal Charles and 1 for Thomas Jones)
- 2nd in fewest sacks allowed.
- In 5 minute drives, they were 32nd in 2009. This year, they're 9th with 5 5-minute drives.
- 4th in the NFL with 38 offensive possessions. The average is 34.
- 3rd in the NFL in forcing three and outs.
- They're 2nd in the league in defensive scoring efficiency allowing scores on 15% of drives. The league average is 30%.
Which one surprises you the most?