Who are the Chiefs making famous for fantasy production this week? WR Jabar Gaffney, who has 10 catches for 145 yards. In the first half. CBS announcer Dick Enberg said late in the first half in reference to Gaffney, "Is anyone covering this man?"
So much for Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal being out. The Broncos have Jabar Gaffney. Regardless, we are tied at half which I'm pretty proud of. The Chiefs are playing tough, despite showing their season long weaknesses here and there.
Here are some notes on a pretty even first half by the Chiefs and Broncos:
- Pass protection is looking good by the Chiefs. For the most part, Cassel has time to pass and has only been pressured a couple of times.
- Jamaal Charles has eight carries for 113 yards. He's 26 yards short of a 1,000 rushing yard season.
- Matt Cassel had looke sharp all first half. He ended up 8/14 for 127 yards.
- The Chiefs gave up a short TD run to Knowshon Moreno. It capped a 95-yard drive where the Broncos easily ran and passed on the Chiefs. The drive started after FB Tim Castille's botched halfback pass resulted in a Bronco INT.
- CB Brandon Carr was called for a 32-yard interference penalty, giving the Broncos the ball at the 1-yard line.
- The Chiefs have two offensive pass interference penalties by their wide receivers.
- After a nice first quarter catch and run, Leonard Pope dropped a short pass across the middle in the second quarter.
- WR Bobby Wade had...wait for it... a drop. It was the 50th drop of the season by the Chiefs, one short of an NFL season record.
- Even when it doesn't count, a Jamaal Charles' fumble scares me.
- An illegal procedure penalty by WR Chris Chambers moved the Chiefs off the goal line and zapped some momentum from the Chiefs' drive midway through the second quarter. The Chiefs were unable to score a TD from 1st and goal from the 2-yard line on that drive.