Mel Kiper of ESPN has released his first mock draft of the season (Yes, the NFL Draft is like fall or summer - it's a season). No reason for introductions. Here's how his top five are shaking out:
1. St. Louis Rams - DT Ndamukong Suh (Nebraska)
2. Detroit Lions - DT Gerald McCoy (Oklahoma)
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - S Eric Berry (Tennessee)
4. Washington Redskins - QB Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)
Chiefs after the jump.
5. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Russell Okung (Oklahoma State)
Here's the write-up on Okung:
I think the Chiefs could use help at safety as well, but Berry likely won't fall this far, and they'd be reaching on either of the two other safeties with first-round grades. Okung could solve two problems, making him a good value. He also could step in at LT and allow the Chiefs to move Brandon Albert to the right side. A pick that can pay immediate dividends for the Chiefs.
(H/T Ryan over at KC Chiefs Blog)