It had a few ups and a few more downs than usual. Here are a few post game thoughts. Of course, we'll have much more tomorrow.
This was the first game that Chiefs head coach Todd Haley called the offensive plays. And over half of you gave him a B grade for his first half play calling.
This isn't mean to be a comprehensive post. Fill in the gaps in the comment section.
- The Chiefs racked up over 150 yards rushing on the ground on the strength of a 70-yard run by Dantrell Savage and a 41-yard run by Larry Johnson.
- The defense only gave up X points themselves and played pretty consistently the entire game.
- Quinten Lawrence had a 44-yard punt return.
- Wallace Gilberry, Tamba Hali and Corey Mays all had sacks.
- DaJuan Morgan had an athletic, diving interception in the flat.
- LB Jovan Belcher may make this team because of his special teams play.
- WR Quinten Lawrence fumbled the ball away after a short catch. Todd Haley had words for him as he reached the sideline.
- Needing to make his mark on special teams to make the roster, WR Taurus Johnson was called for roughing the kicker.
- Brodie Croyle wasn't really bad but he wasn't good either. I know the o-line sucks but Croyle wasn't on his A game tonight.
- Matt Guiterrez's 4th and 8 pass at the end of the game was a weak decision.
- Tyler Thigpen came in and was 2/7 with two INTs.
- Three total turnovers. Is this something we need to be concerned about?
- Third down conversions: Chiefs were 3/16 (18%) and the Rams were 9/20 (45%).
- The Rams and St. Louis in general.
Let us know your thoughts on the game in this post-game thread. Be sane, please. The one thing I'll add is that I'm glad to be able to put this unanalyzable preseason behind and start the regular season. We're so close...