3 to 0, in favor of the Kansas City Chiefs. 2:01 left in the first quarter.
And an onside kick by the Chiefs! The Raiders will get the ball....
Here are some notes on the first quarter:
- On the first drive the Chiefs forced a three and out. The series included an awful five yard incompletion from JaMarcus Russell and a nice deflection from Brandon Flowers.
- Bobby Wade received a 66 yard Lechler punt and was tackled immediately in the open field by an Oakland defender. Not a good start for Wade as a Chief.
- Quinten Lawrence had a nice run on a reverse
- The Chiefs offense went three and out on their first two drives
- Todd Haley indicated before the game he needs to stick to the running game and continue calling LJ's number
- Chiefs went for it on fourth and short and converted
- LJ is looking very, very solid so far. He's taking advantage of some big holes
- After a first down, Cassel fired up the crowd by pumping his fist in the air
- The Chiefs had a 17 play drive that resulted in a field goal
- Wade currently has 29 of Cassel's 30 passing yards
- LJ is averaging over four yards per carry
- The Chiefs did not recover an attempted onside kick