Lots happened yesterday as the Kansas City Chiefs conducted the sixth practice of their 2009 training camp in River Falls yesterday afternoon.
The big news of course is that the team signed former Giants WR Amani Toomer to a one-year deal. Toomer, who didn't work out for any other NFL teams before signing,To make room for Toomer on the Chiefs' roster, the team cut TE Tony Curtis.
The other big news is that DT Glenn Dorsey finally took the practice field in pads, after being out of commission (for being out of shape basically) since camp started. He didn't full participate in drills but he was out there.
We've got all of those important links from yesterday, organized right after the jump if you need to catch up.
I wanted to say hello to all of the new readers and commenters we've had since training camp started. If you haven't already, click the "Start Posting" red button on the left side of the home page to create a user name so you can comment and post FanPosts and FanShots.
Arrowhead Pride doesn't "officially" have anyone representing us at training camp this year but I think the traffic to the site in the last five days shows that we've got a pretty good grasp of where to find all of the camp info and put it in one place. Our traffic in the last two days alone has been nearly 40,000 visitors and over 100,000 page views.
So, hello to everyone who is new. I've linked a few important pages that will help you as a newbie get what AP is all about and how we conduct ourselves around here. Check 'em out:
- Arrowhead Pride Community Rules
- Netiquette on AP
- The PARADE's Commenter Manifesto
- Don't duplicate topics
- Technical tips
Please do read those pages. I think you'll find that the knowledge in them will greatly enhance your AP experience. If I had to mention one rule out of all of them, it's don't use insults. None of any kind. Be smarter than that.
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail us by clicking my user name and finding our e-mail address. I'm sure the regulars around here would have no problem helping answer any questions you may have, so feel free to ask.
Check out our quick summary of what happened yesterday during training camp, after the jump.
- Who Should the Chiefs Next FA Signing Be?
- Competition vs. Confidence: The Right Approach?
- Report: Chiefs Sign Amani Toomer to One Year Deal
- Chiefs Training Camp Update: 8/4
- Signing Amani Toomer is a 'Low-Risk' Move for the Chiefs
- Javarris Williams Receives First Rookie Hazing of Chiefs Camp
- Chiefs Release TE Tony Curtis; Make Toomer Signing Official
- Caption This
- VIDEO: Todd Haley Talks About the Arrival of Amani Toomer, Return of Glenn Dorsey
- Say it ain't so, Joe: Posnanski Leaving KC Star for SI?
Training camp practices today are from 9-11 AM and from 4:30-6:30 PM. We'll have updates ASAP.