Final game stats are here.
Inconsistent but nearly succesful play from the Kansas City Chiefs tonight but like I've always said, I don't take any absolutes away from the second preseason game.
Here are a few thoughts before I get into the game recap tomorrow morning:
- Matt Cassel impressed me tonight. He looks crisper and just has a more confident look at the QB position than Tyler Thigpen or Brodie Croyle.
- The offensive line wasn't very good tonight. Vikings S and former Chief Benny Sapp came in on a blitz and forced a Matt Cassel fumble.
- Jamaal Charles would be a heck of a lot better football player if he didn't fumble the ball so much. That's a killer right there and a repeated mistake most coaches don't tolerate for very long.
- Dwayne Bowe had another solid game in limited action, catching 3 passes for 37 yards including a 5-yard TD pass from Matt Cassel.
- Jackie Battle received the most carries out of any Chiefs' running back. The coaching staff definitely has their eye on him.
- K Ryan Succop was 2/2 on field goals. Did Herm just not know how to pick kickers? Too much pressure perhaps to score all of the points?
- Jackie Battle and Jamaal Charles split two kick returns. Maurice Leggett had a punt return too.
More on the defense in the game recap tomorrow. Use this as the post game thread for all of your comments.