Yes, I'm a little late with this update. But with good reason.
Sitting in line at the ATM, I see all this smoke coming from under my hood. I step out of the car, then hear a boom sound and green liquid comes dripping out. For those of you that know about cars....yep, I blew the radiator. Of course it's the weekend Chris is coming into town for the game.
So, I'm out of a car until, at best, tomorrow afternoon. Never a good time for a car to break down.
But, it's time to cheer me up and that means some camp updates. I've got everything updated but we're very light on the defensive updates. UWRF may still be adding to theirs.
- Working with a new long snapper today
- Chiefs didn't work out in pads marking the first day they've gone without at least one session in pads
- A lot of game preparation for Houston
Make the jump for the rest of the updates.
- About 84 degrees with 59% humidity
- Jake O'Connell returned to practice (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- From UWRF: "On Oct. 29, Gafford was signed. Former long snapper Jean-Philippe Darche was released on March 19. On April 7, Purdum was signed, and on June 19, the Chiefs released Gafford. Now, on Aug. 13, Purdum was released, and Gafford was signed the same day." Somebody reads AP!
- Sean Ryan had back to back TD catches in goal line situations (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- Make that three in a row for Ryan (Josh Looney on Twitter)
- Quarterbacks had trouble with the fade routes (UWRF)
- Brodie Croyle got some first string snaps (UWRF)
- Toomer, Lawrence, and Engram all had drops (UWRF)
- Dwayne Bowe had an acrobatic, over the shoulder catch near the sidelines for a touchdown (UWRF)
- Bowe dropped a pass that hit him square in the chest. Haley wasn't happy (UWRF)
- Derrick Johnson had an impressive interception near the goal line (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- Early focus on practice was all the special teams units (Josh Looney at the Mothership)
- Rodney Wright was the lone punt returned today (Bob Gretz)
- Working as kick returners: Wright, Quinten Lawrence, Dantrell Savage, Londen Fryar (Bob Gretz)