|Draft Pick||First Reported
|June 23rd||June 30th|
||June 26th||June 26th|
|Ryan Succop||June 17th||June 23rd|
Historically contract talks for players picked in the first and second round pick up following the Fourth of July holiday. The Kansas City Chiefs front office has been on vacation for part of the first half of the month. With the GM and coach returning for business, expect contract talks to pick up.
This week I would guess Quinten Lawrence (6th) and Javarris Williams (7th) are wrapped up. Donald Washington (4th) might take slightly longer to sign considering the players before and after him have yet to sign. The players selected directly before and after 3rd round pick Alex Magee so the parameters of his deal are essentially set.
That leaves 1st round pick Tyson Jackson, whose signing status is a complete unknown at this point. If you'll remember, FOX4-WDAF caught up with Jackson last week and here's what he had to say about contract talks.
Well I haven't spoken to my agent yet but I should be getting in contact with him sometime this week and see where we are with the contract agreement. But so far I have no idea what's going on.
If he's catching up with his agent to "see where we are", then I think we can guess that his agent Eugene Parker has at least been in contact with the Chiefs. Parker also represents Alex Magee so getting him wrapped up should be the icing on the commencement of the Jackson contract talks.
After the jump we'll take a look at the remaining draft picks that have yet to sign and which (if any) players have signed before and after them since that's the best predictor of when a deal could get done.
Contract information courtesy of Mac's Football Blog
1st round pick Tyson Jackson
1. Detroit - QB, Matthew Stafford, Georgia - Signed (6-years, $72 million; $41.7 million guaranteed)
2. St. Louis - OT, Jason Smith, Baylor
3. Kansas City - DE, Tyson Jackson, LSU
4. Seattle - LB, Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
5. NY Jets (fr. CLE) - QB, Mark Sanchez, USC - Signed (5-years; $50.5M real/$60M max; $28M guaranteed)
3rd round pick Alex Magee
66. St. Louis - CB, Bradley Fletcher, Iowa - Signed (4-years, terms undisclosed)
67. Kansas City - DT, Alex Magee, Purdue
68. Chicago (fr. SEA) - DE, Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State - Signed (4-years, $2.636M; $740,000 signing bonus; $846,500 guaranteed)
4th round pick Donald Washington
6th round pick Quinten Lawrence
174. Denver (fr. DET) - QB, Tom Brandstater, Fresno State
175. Kansas City - WR, Quinten Lawrence, McNeese State
176. Atlanta (fr. STL) - LB, Spencer Adkins, Miami - Signed (4-years, $1.869M; $119,050 signing bonus)
7th round pick Javarris Williams
210. Atlanta (fr. DAL/DET) - DT, Vance Walker, Georgia Tech - Signed (4-years, $1.816M; $66,725 signing bonus)
211. St. Louis - RB, Chris Ogbonnaya, Texas
212. Kansas City - RB, Javarris Williams, Tennessee State
213. Philadelphia (fr. SEA) - G, Paul Fanaika, Arizona State - Signed (4-years, $1.814M; $64,500 signing bonus)