The Kansas City Chiefs have selected Javarris Williams, running back out of Tennessee State. According to our draft interests page, the Chiefs held a private workout with him the first week of April.
5'10", 223 pounds
NFL Draft Scout projected him as a 5th-6th round draft pick.
I wrote a post on him back on April 6th following the news that we had worked him out. At the time I wondered if he was going to be considered "LJ insurance." I was surprised to see so much production over an extended period. Here are his career stats.
Here's what Draft Countdown had to say about him:
Did not face much top competition...Not very elusive...Doesn't play as fast as he times...Will have trouble running outside in the pros...Isn't a big play threat...Wasn't really utilized as a receiver...Upside is limited.
They also say he could project as a fullback in the NFL.
Welcome Javarris Williams!
- Round 1, Pick 3 (3) - DE Tyson Jackson LSU
- Round 2, #34 traded to New England Patriots in exchange for QB Matt Cassel and LB Mike Vrabel
- Round 3, Pick 3 (67) - DT Alex Magee, Purdue
- Round 4, Pick 2 (102) CB Donald Washington, Ohio St.
- Round 5, Pick 3 (139) T Colin Brown, Missouri
- Round 6, Pick 2 (175) WR Quinten Lawrence, McNeese St.
- Round 7, Pick 3 (212) RB Javarris Williams, Tenn. St.
- Round 7, Pick 47 (256)
Do you agree with the pick?
Yes (315 votes)
No (121 votes)
Not sure (72 votes)
508 total votes