We all know Pioli likes to work the boards on draft day. Well, I think the Tony G trade we got will be used tomorrow in some way shape or form. Now, we all know we want to get the hell out of the top 5 and I can only see one scenario. McDaniels is obviously already on the hot seat in Denver for driving their franchise quarterback out of town. I honestly don't believe he wants to invest his future into Kyle Orton. If you look at Sanchez he would be a great fit for McDaniels scheme and he could sit on the bench for this season. I know this is all speculation and it probably won't some to fruition tomorrow, but I think is at least feasable at this point and they could be willing to give up their first rounders. An ideal wheeling and dealing draft day could look something like this:
1. Trade down from 3 for Denver's 12th and 18th pick.
2. Trade the 12th pick and our new 2010 2nd rounder for A. Boldin.
3. Take E. Brown or A. Maybin with the 18th pick.
4. Trade up into the 2nd round with our 3rd rounder and our other 2nd pick in 2010 with the Pats for Jarron Gilbert (2nd best 5 technique in the draft).
5. Trade Waters for a 3rd round pick and 6th rounder to the Bills and pick up Caldwell (C, Alabama).
6. Take Jasper Brinkley (ILB, South Carolina) at the top of the 4th.
7. Trade up into the 4th round (maybe the Saints?) with our 5th rounder, 6th rounder and swap in the 7th for Vasquez (LG, Texas Tech).
8. Take Alex Boone (OT, Ohio State) with our other 6th rounder.
9. Take Allen (RG, W Missouri) and Pizotti (QB, Harvard) with our two 7th rounders.
So to recap we could get:
Boldin, Brown, Gilbert, Caldwell, Brinkley, Vasquez, Boone, Allen and Pizotti. We could then scamble for undrafted free agents to address K and depth at corner. By the way if Tyler doesn't work out at NT we could just give the money truck to V. Wilfork next year.
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Arrowhead Pride's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Arrowhead Pride writers or editors.