The normal five comments this connection post gets each week will likely be zero today because there is really nothing of interest to point out between the Kansas City Chiefs' and the Buffalo Bills' connections.
Let's see. Our nose tackle was a Bill for five seasons. One of our tight ends is from Buffalo. And Glenn Dorsey has a cousin on the team.
To make this post more interesting than it already is, can you think of some guys from earlier years that were both Bills and Chiefs? Getcha coffee ready (Yeah, that was a bad TO reference. You got a problem with that?).
- Chiefs GM Scott Pioli ('88-89) and asst. GM Joel Collier ('88-89) were graduate assistants at Syracuse. Collier was born in Buffalo, NY.
- Collier's father, Joe Collier, served as the Bills head coach ('66-68), leading the club to the '66 AFL Championship Game vs. Kansas City.
- Chiefs DL coach Tim Krumrie held the same role with Buffalo (2003-05).
- Chiefs DT Ron Edwards spent five seasons with Buffalo (2001-05).
- Bills asst. to the head coach/special projects Chuck Lester was a scout for three seasons with the Chiefs ('84-86).
- Chiefs offensive quality control coach Nick Sirianni is a native of Jamestown, NY.
- Kansas City TE Sean Ryan is a native of Buffalo, NY.
- Buffalo asst. LBs/special teams coach DeMontie Cross played ('94-96) and coached ('98-99) at Missouri.
- Bills P Brian Moorman is a native of Wichita, KS and played collegiately at Pittsburg State in Pittsburg, KS.
- Bills LB Kawika Mitchell is currently on IR. He entered the NFL as a second-round (47th overall) selection of the Chiefs in 2003.
- Chiefs DE Glenn Dorsey is the cousin of the Bills TE Shawn Nelson.
- Buffalo offensive quality control coach Nathaniel Hackett is the son of former Kansas City offensive coordinator Paul Hackett.