"With a lot of distractions this week, they came on the road against a very good team, which is now a playoff team, and we had every intention of keeping them out of there. And I thought we could do that up until that final drive." -Chiefs head coach Todd Haley
You know the story by now. The Chiefs couldn't take it the length of the field for an opportunity to tie the game. Todd Haley met with the media following the game. Here are a few highlights:
- "We have some players battling injuries who played their hearts out."
- "Jamaal Charles was right around 100, I don't know if he got it, but this has been a very good run defense. They're third in the league and really the last half of the season they've been very difficult."
- "Defense pulled together and played their hearts out. We just needed a stop on that final drive."
- "The two turnovers cost us because we were able to move the football a little bit."
- "Special teams were real good in some areas. The snap is something we absolutely can not have and it ultimately cost us three points."
- "There are no moral victories here but I think it was important for us to come out and compete against a good team."
- "This quarterback is continued to make strides. Would he like to have two balls back? I'm sure of that because he's very difficult on himself. These guys are starting to find an identity. We went in there against a pretty good defense."
- "I think the guys are encouraged. I think they understand we have to execute."
- "I know we didn't have a lot of minus plays today. I don't know what the number was."