I feel like KCs troubles change every game
- It was the OL, then they improved
- it was the WR, they improved, then regressed again
- it was LJ, now he's gone
- it was the pass rush, which is somewhat improved at times
- it was the pass coverage, but then Flowers and Carr play better, and KC holds Cle to 70yds passing
- the run defense looked promising in preseason, and has clearly regressed
- Cassel played well in a few games, crappy in a few, and very well vs the Browns
- it was all Haley's fault for bad play calls and clock management and yelling too much, but he's improving slowly and has calmed down some
- Charles wasn't a full time RB, but he's proven that to be wrong, and played GREAT
- Special teams coverage units have been amazing all year, but Cribbs made the KR group look terrible
- The LB seemed to be poised to be a strength of this team (see my sig) but now I wonder if Shitlock is right, in saying that Belcher, Mays, (along w/ McGraw and Morgan at the safety position) belong on special teams and NOT starting on defense
- Ryan looked good at TE for a game or two, then terrible. Pope has looked good at times, not so much at others. Cottam was invisible, but has put together back to back decent games.
- Wade was great when he first got here, but has been terrible (and inactive) recently.
- Long looked very promising in his first game, but hasn't done anything since
- The defense plays well enough to win, and the offense loses games... then the offense plays well enough to win, and the defense loses games
It HAS to be very frustrating to be Pioli and Haley to evaluate this team and know what to fix first. It'd be one thing if it was one player or group playing poorly all season... but it's like the shitty play is on a lazy Susan, and every player at the table is digging in at times.
You CAN'T scrap the whole team again, and start over... You CAN'T just sit by and do nothing... so, what do you fix first and how?