Yesterday I was able to attend the Chiefs game and I ended up being able to sit on the 45 yard line 9 rows up if that tells you anything...
On the other hand being that close to the players bench there was some things I saw that you dont see on television.
- Matt Cassel is human. After the Mark Bradley drop on 3rd down he came off the field fuming angry. He screamed F**k at the top of his lungs and then walked over to Bradley and told him to get his F**king head in the game.
- Matt Cassel and Branden Albert are becoming leaders. After the next few drives and the O'Connell drops Matt Cassel and Branden Albert got the offense all together on the bench and talked them up and got them pumped. The offense then went out and started moving the ball again and Bradley seemed to magically get a pair of hands. Branden Albert seemed to do a lot of the talking and yelling at the offense on the sideline.
- The story about Vrabel and Studebaker is true Studie hardly ever left Vrabels side on the sideline and they where talking about plays a lot on the bench.
- The players are pissed about losing. I could see it in the eyes of every one of them after they came off the field yesterday so dont think these guys are just giving up. Before the game I even heard Derrick Johnson (the guy lots say is just in it for the money) pumping up the linebackers screaming "If they want to f**king fight then lets go f**king fight"
- On a side note this was one of my best experiences at Arrowhead so far..I got to meet Todd Haley and get his auto before the game I met Dustin Colquitt and then after the game I was given one of Dwayne Bowes gloves and the under armour hats they wear.
I just thought I would share some of my thoughts on the game and Im sure there is plenty I missed.
One thing I forgot up top is that even though Waters was not playing he was on the sideline going over plays and blocks with the offensive line the whole game.