You remember what happened one year ago today, don't you?
Let's jump back to that day:
"On behalf of my family and the entire Kansas City Chiefs organization, I want to thank Carl for his two decades of service to the Chiefs," Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said. "Both Carl and I agreed that immediately initiating the search for the next Chiefs general manager would be the best thing for the future of the organization, and he will be resigning following the 2008 season."
Hunt said the search for a new General Manager will begin immediately. Vice President Denny Thum will serve as the Chiefs interim president and general manager.
And a new era began in Kansas City, as Chiefs owner Clark Hunt eventually hired Scott Pioli as general manager and then Todd Haley as the Chiefs' 11th head coach.
Reactions to Peterson's resignation were, to say the least, euphoric. Our poll in the wake of the resignation overwhelmingly approved of Peterson's resignation - 95% approval in fact. Here are some reactions to Peterson's resignation and Clark Hunt's radio interview from that night on December 15th, 2008:
- "I cannot BELIEVE the amount of calls FROM ALL OVER the USA into 810. I have never seen so many long distance callers."
- "I swear to God he [Clark Hunt] is describing Pioli exactly. Let's go, Pioli!"
- "This is the most exciting day since the draft."
- "It's an exciting time to be a Chiefs Fan! December 15th should become a national holiday!"
- "This is exciting but I'll say thanks to Carl for some great years. I do wish you and your family well."
- "FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY WE ARE FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Yes, Chiefs fans were excited on that day. Everything did change for the franchise, although we're still waiting out Pioli and Haley's first year to see if the results are any better than the Herm/Carl years.
How about it Chiefs fans? Are we better off right now without Carl Peterson?
Do you still approve of Carl Peterson resigning one year ago today?
Yes (901 votes)
No (80 votes)
981 total votes