This loss really hurts. Maybe it's because the Chiefs had a chance, deep in Buffalo territory, at the end of the game to win it.
Cassel's pass was tipped and picked off by the Bills with 2:13 left in the game. Chris Chambers had dropped a big pass near the goal line on the previous play.
Dropped passes. Sound familiar?
The Chiefs even got the ball back but a deep Hail Mary pass with no time left was caught by Buffalo.
Here are some notes on the game. Tweet your questions to Joel at @ArrowheadPride.
We need to keep our chins up for one more week in order to sell out the Browns game and preserve the NFL's longest sell out streak for another year.
- The Chiefs defense came up big with twelve minutes left in the game. They shut down the Bills after Buffalo took over with great field position. Rian Lindell missed a 51-yard kick.
- RB Jamaal Charles nearly does it all. After a tipped pass resulted in a Buffalo INT, Charles chased down the Bills linebacker and nearly stripped the ball back.
- LB Tamba Hali applied pressure all day on QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. Hali had one sack, his 7.5 of the year.
- On 3rd and 16, with 7 minutes left, Cassel hit Wade for a 22-yard first down. It was the offensive play of the game. Leonard Pope's 16-yard catch and run on 3rd and 8 was also big.
- TE Leonard Pope had a huge game - 4 catches for 45 yards - with a couple of big catches near the end of the game.
- A Rudy Niswanger holding penalty in the fourth quarter negated a big pass play by Cassel to Chambers.
- WR Chris Chambers was called for holding on that huge Jamaal Charles run late in the fourth quarter. This was a killer penalty.
- DT Glenn Dorsey left the game before the half with a knee injury. He did not return.
- WR Mark Bradley signaling first down when he was ten yards short.
- The Chiefs had five penalties in this game, some coming at very critical junctures.
- The Chiefs forced three turnovers and scored zero points off of them.
- WR Chris Chambers dropped a huge pass near the goal line with under three minutes left. Another drop.
- Cassel was 26/43 for 224 yards and four INTs. He had 145 yards passing the first half. His QB rating was 35.4.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments and vote in the poll.