Besides two turnovers, which the Chiefs did not turn into points, the first half of this game has been uneventful. It's 10 to 3 in favor of the Bills.
Here are some notes on the second quarter. My notes on the first quarter are here.
- The direct snap to Jamaal Charles with the Cassel fake fumble was a good play call, if only because Matt Cassel fumbles so much.
- Jamaal Charles is turning into a really solid red zone threat. The extra 2-3 yards he can get on a burst/dive at the end of a run are huge.
- Brandon Carr's strip of Bills WR Nelson was awesome and the second turnover of the day for the Bills. It gave the Chiefs the ball at mid-field.
Leonard Pope getting some action - he's had a couple of catches this game already.
- Two 4th and 1 conversions for the Chiefs. They faced 4th and 1 three times in the first half.
- Matt Cassel, besides a few over thrown passes, is playing very well - 18/24 for 145 yards.
- Matt Cassel had Mark Bradley open on a deep pass but he overthrew it - twice.
- Brandon Albert's false start penalty negated a big first down pass and catch from Cassel to Charles.
- Chiefs gave up a sack on 3rd and 3 to force a punt.
- Mike Vrabel dropped a sure interception with about four minutes to go in the half.
- Glenn Dorsey left the game with two minutes left because of a knee injury. His return is questionable.
I think this is the game a lot of people expected - not too exciting and both teams playing a bit sloppy on both sides of the ball.