Hello everyone. It's been a while since I have posted here.
Soooo...why we can't lose to the Raiders...
1. Bitter Rivals- I think the Raiders are the most bitter of our rivals. I hate losing to them and I am sure all of you do. They have beat us before, but we haven't been swept by them for years. Why? Because we beat them in Oakland for 6 straight years now. I think that's as long as I have been a Chief fan.
2. Ranked 31st against the Run- I'm glad LJ is gone. What I am still worried about is if Haley realizes the Raiders are 31st against the run (allowing 161 rush YPG) and ranked pretty well against the pass. Its obvious what must be done. Get Jamaal Charles, who currently averages 5.2 YPC, the ball. Last game, he got 6 YPC, so simple math should tell Haley that he needs to let him rush for more than 6 times a game.
3. Oakland Offense- Yes, both of our offenses are inept. We even somehow average more points per game than the Raiders. (Like 15.1 PPG to their, like, 9.6 PPG) The Raiders also have a mistake prone QB. What does scare me, sorta, is: Will we be able to stop their run? Is Chaz Schilens really that important? WILL WE MAKE HEYWARD-BEY LOOK LIKE AN ALL-STAR? I think this battle of ineptitude will be enjoyable.
4. Chiefs Defense- Yea our D sucks. Mike Brown has been the heartache of us all, but we shouldn't completely blame him. What I would like to see is DJ. He makes plays on a consistent basis when he plays. He would be useful. I would also like McGraw back. Let's remember that we did outgain the Raiders like 402-166 total yards, I think.
5. Penalties and Turnovers- Penalties and turnovers is what ruined us, but Cassel is pretty careful with the ball, except the Charger and earlier Raider game. The Charger game was bad and simply inexcusable. The Raider game was Cassel's first game back, so I think he was just rusty. Hopefully we can fix this. Remember that we had 1 PENALTY LAST GAME.
All in all, I feel we can win if we run the ball, don't turnover, and don't commit mental mistakes. Oh, and Haley needs to start doing stuff that works.
Side note: A win in Oakland on Sunday will make us the first team in NFL history for an away team to win 7 consecutive games in another team's venue. The Chargers are also at 6 straight wins in Oakland. LETS BREAK A RECORD!
138 votes total
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Arrowhead Pride's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Arrowhead Pride writers or editors.