via Image Shack
Well what can I say? I put in last weeks post that I would need lots of Kool Aid to cheer people up this week after the Steelers game. Boy am I glad that I was wrong. You probably don't even need a glass of Kool Aid this week to buy into things in the Chiefs universe, but hey we might as well bask in the victory while we can. Alot of what I am including has already been mentioned by others, but I present it to you here in one nice "feel good" package.
Also, mad props to 58 was my friend for the killer picture!
Let's take a second to really think about the victory last week. We were facing the number one rush defense that also happens to be one of the best blitzing teams in the NFL. Our offense was without our #1 WR. Our offensive line gives our QB (who tends to hold onto the ball too long) no time to throw. This did not look like a match up where we would score any points. On the other side of the ball we came in with a weak pass rush and bad coverage by the safeties and nickel backs. We were facing a team with a QB that avoids the rush and has a ton of talented targets. This did not look like a match up where we would be able to keep them out of the end zone. They had won two Super Bowls in recent years and we were 8-33 over the last three seasons. No one (including myself) gave us a chance, AND WE WON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That alone should give you all the "hope" you need to get you through this week, but just in case you're still not on cloud nine here are a few more to make your day.
- The Broncos lost to the Chargers 32-3. Their coach got in a battle of "smack talk" with SD's linebackers. Their star WR was screaming like Todd Haley after a wasted time out at their rookie RB after he fumbled at the goal line. It was great! Over the past four weeks KC is 3-2 and the Broncos are 1-4. Over that span, the "new and improved" Denver D has given up 140 points while KC has only given up 101. :-)
- During his first three games as a Chief, Chris Chambers has 10 receptions for 249 yards and 2 TDs. During that same span Malcolm Floyd (who is the new starter in SD with Chambers gone) has 9 receptions for 112 yards and 0 TDs. And just for fun, the Raiders first round draft pick Darrius Heyward-Bey only has 7 receptions for 103 yards and 0 TDs (all season).
- Mr. 2.7's final stats this year with the Chiefs were 132 carries for 377 yards and 0 TDs. Jamaal Charles now has 64 carries for 313 yards and a TD. That means with only 65 more yards rushing Charles will pass 2.7 as the leading rusher for the Chiefs this season. If you factor in receiving yards Charles is already ahead of 2.7 in yards from scrimmage (474 to 453). But hey, I'm sure 2.7 is happy to be backing up rookie Bernard Scott (Cincy's very own Jamaal Charles clone) and getting his 2 carries for 5 yards.
- This one is for any of you "anti-optimists" that still may not be convinced that we have improved as a team as the season has gone on. We scored a special teams TD, we returned an INT down inside the ten yardline. We gave up over 300 yards passing while playing against a defensive powerhouse that stops the run and gets after the QB. Here's the catch, I'm not talking about the Steelers game, but our week one game against the Ravens. There are a lot of similarities between the two games, but we lost that one 38-24 and we found a way to win this one 27-24. That is progress folks.
- Finally, Andy Studebaker (who in case you haven't heard 250 times is out of little, itty bity, teeny tiny, Wheaton College) has as many INTs this year as Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey combined. (I know, I know, nobody throws at them. It's still fun to say!)
So there you go, a little more Kool Aid for you in case you aren't drunk on the stuff after our big win. No matter what happens in SD this weekend stay positive APers!
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Arrowhead Pride's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Arrowhead Pride writers or editors.