- Even without a GM, the Kansas City Chiefs are still plugging along- "All of our scouts have left for the East-West practices and will go straight on to the Senior Bowl practices next week. (Pro personnel director) Ray Farmer is continuing to evaluate the waiver wire."
- Arrowhead Addict is talking about coaching retreads in the NFL.
- WPI puts together a long article about the Chiefs' Interim GM/President Denny Thum.
- The only mock draft databases you need to know- Walter Football, Hail Redskins and NFL Mocks. Let's drop any Brian Orakpo being drafted by the Chiefs talk too. Not that there's been much of it. It's just that the guy has no business in the top five, let alone the top ten of this year's draft.
- I found that clip about Demorrio Williams and harness racing that everyone was looking for.
- Here's a really cool 1969 Super Bowl graphic for those looking for a cool screensaver or desktop background.
- What helped the Chiefs win their first Super Bowl? Gatorade.
AFC West News
- The Denver Post catches us up with a time line of the Broncos' head coach search.
- This will piss off Chiefs' fans eventually- New Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels will wear a hoodie on the sideline, ala Bill Belichick.
- The Sports Guru continues to be a go-to-guy for the local Denver media on the Broncos' head coach hire (Skip to the 3:00 mark to see him). Awesome work Guru! I wish the KC media was as open and welcoming as Denver's.
Other NFL News
- The Dolphins won't make any moves at QB, aside from a possible (I stress possible) trade of QB John Beck. UC brought up Beck to the Chiefs back in August.
- Real Clear Sports has the Top 10 Worst Super Bowl teams. Not winners but teams that made the big game. The 2000 Giants were the first to come to my mind.
- The ESPN ombudsman takes the network to task on a couple of issues.
We're still waiting on Scott Pioli news. And it's killing me. We'll have more coming up later today. The off season will start in force once we figure out who our new GM is.