For you new readers out there, 99.9% of the time I post something by 8 AM. Each morning during training camp, I'll post the latest updates from the various outlets that are at training camp, as well as posting throughout the day. Selah.
Happy Monday morning to you all. I trust the first weekend of the Kansas City Chiefs training camp treated you well. There were three practices over the weekend. We've covered Saturday in our previous posts (scroll down if you're on the homepage and you'll see them), so here's a bit about Sunday.
The Chiefs offense and defense ran 43 plays of teamwork against each other. The defense looked good at times, but overall the offense was very sluggish. Essentially, the offense had 16 positive plays in those 43 plays. Positive is defined as a running play that broke into the second level of the defense or a completed pass. Quarterbacks were eight of 17 with at least two sacks and three dropped passes. Defensively, MLB Napoleon Harris and DE Brian Johnston had the sacks, DT T.J. Jackson had a stop in the backfield, as did DE Alfonso Boone. CB Brandon Flowers dropped a possible INT.
For those of you who haven't checked out BobGretz.com, it has quickly become one of the top places to get your first hand training camp news. Mr. Gretz is there at camp and delivering updates daily. And I don't have to tell you that the guy knows his football. I'm very thankful to have such a great resource on hand. You should be too.
- Larry Johnson sat out of a regular running back drill, possibly indicating that Herm isn't going to press LJ too much this camp.
- QB Tyler Thigpen worked with the second-string team and Damon Huard with the third-string. Can we please trade Damon Huard already?
- CB Maurice Leggett injured his finger but came back to practice.
- Damion McIntosh still doesn't sound happy about moving to right tackle - "I’m a ball player. When I’m asked to do something, I do it."
- I love this quote from Tank - ""I’ve been practicing all summer long because I wasn’t satisfied with last season."
- Rookie TE Brad Cottam on the Chiefs - "I don’t think I could have walked into a better situation."
There's plenty of stuff in the UW-RF update, so let's dig through it and talk about it. I'm still figuring out exactly how I'm going to post these updates so bear with me as I experiment. Whoops...almost forgot that the mothership was doing updates as well.
It may be 8 AM but pull up a chair at our online pub and let's talk some Chiefs! What else are you going to do? Work? Nah...