I'm putting the finishing touches on a comprehensive draft post right now, which I'll post in a bit. I know we talked so much over the weekend - over 1000 comments on Saturday alone - but I think we need some sort of wrap up post just to have things organized. Thanks again to everyone who was here over the weekend. It was a hell of a time. For those of you that need to get caught up quickly, here is a complete listing of the Chiefs' draft picks. Also, WPI has all of their draft coverage organized quite nicely.
- Tons of great draft stuff as usual from Arrowhead Addict. I'm sure you've already been over there a few times this weekend but if you haven't, definitely make time for it.
- KC Chiefs Fanatic gives us a few thoughts on Glenn Dorsey. The verdict? The guy is good. Really good.
- Gonner's View weighs in on the draft and like every sane Chiefs fan, says we did a hell of a job.
- The Chiefs were the only team to get an A draft grade from Mel Kiper, Jr. -- "The rebuilding process is on. The Chiefs started the draft with 13 picks, and they made them count."
- Wow. A actual newspaper writer who said that the Chiefs' could have traded Larry Johnson. Where's the accountability?
- Here is the post-draft press conference transcript from Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards. Could this line get any more "Herm" -- "We stuck mainly to our board and have players who can compete at a lot of different positions." I love it Herm. Keep it coming.
- Oh man this is too sweet. Peter King, who normally thinks about the Chiefs about twice a year, doesn't even include the Chiefs in his top five ranking of the best drafts. Why? Because the Chiefs did so well that it would be unfair to include them.
- You know all of those mock drafts you read before this past weekend? The Huddle Report grades them for accuracy.
- Fox Sports -- "The Chiefs identified the sleeper of the draft in the fifth round, a player I mentioned in my All-Sleeper Defensive Team, Grand Valley State CB Brandon Carr. Carr is a tremendous athlete with great size, and he really impressed scouts during his Pro Day. He ran a 4.43 in the 40, had a 35-inch vertical and 10'4" broad jump and timed well in shuttle drills. Those attributes and his playmaking ability make him a steal for K.C."
- And this is why I dislike Jason Whitlock writing about the Chiefs. I really enjoy his 10 Truths column on Fox Sports and his other writings. I just can't stand his doom and gloom with the Chiefs.
- AFC West draft picks -- Denver, Oakland and San Diego.
- Nice work by a couple of you calling Barry Richardson to the Chiefs last week.
The Monday Morning QB is coming out in me and I'm still extremely happy with the Chiefs draft.
The undrafted free agent signing are already starting to come through. Scroll down for a few of those.
Stick around for my draft review coming out in a bit.