New poll up to the right. VOTE!
Today's practice: Kids Day; practice 9:08-10:26 a.m.; 3:53-5:09 p.m.
News and notes for the Kansas City Chiefs' practice on Monday, August 6th:
- DT Alfonso Boone is back from his injured finger last week.
- Rookie WRs Brad Ekwerekwu and Ean Randolph continue to impress with the ocassional athletic 20+ yard catch. Each of these guys seem to snag one of those each day. Special teams coach Mike Priefer also spent time one-on-one with Randolph working on return skills.
- We knew this already- tight ends can't block Tamba Hali.
- Herm Edwards on some of the players sitting out-"He’s got a little bit of a hip [injury] so we kept him out. Chris Terry has a shoulder and could have probably practiced today but we’re holding him out. Tony [Gonzalez] is on one-a-days and will be in pads this afternoon. He’s been in one-a-days for the last 10 years."
- Herm on Dwayne Bowe beginning camp- "Right now, he’ll be participating in that all-star [PUP] group over there on that other field. He’s going to be there and that’s for a lot of reasons: the first thing is to protect the player. You don’t want to put him a situation where something should happen because all good football players if they’re not here on time when they do get here and they get on the field they automatically start competing at a high level. That’s not fair since the guy has missed 16 practices and 200 reps."
- 2007 draft pick Justin Medlock continues to be consistent kicking the ball, even in the rainy weather of Minnesota on Saturday.
- Left tackle Damion McIntosh sprained his knee in the PM practice and had to be carted off the field. No word yet on how much time he will miss.
- Second year safety Jarrad Page had yet another interception.
- Veteran WR Eddie Kennison is giving rookie Dwayne Bowe punishment (in the picture above) for missing part of training camp. Bowe was wrapped to the goal post and ice cold Gatorade was dumped on him.
Dwayne Bowe: He is already way behind any of Chiefs WR as far as reps and repoire with any of the QBs. I'm glad to have him finally in camp but the guy will have to work very hard to secure an opening day job.
Hermism: "Tony [Gonzalez] is on one-a-days and will be in pads this afternoon. He’s been in one-a-days for the last 10 years."
Photos, after the jump...
You can check out all of the training camp coverage here.