We're seven games into the season. Coming out of the bye week, it's a good time to take the team's temperature. Questions:
- How does everyone think we'll do in the final 9 games?
- What will the keys be to making a playoff push?
- In the grand scheme of things, is making the playoffs really the best thing for this franchise, or would a better draft pick be of more use?
My Personal Thoughts:
- 5-4. We'll go 4-1 at home (only loss to SD), but will struggle on the road, going 1-3, with our only win coming the last week of the season at the Jets, winning this game to keep scant playoff hopes alive, and to give Herm some satisfaction in taking out his old team. Plus, the Jets are awful.
- Couple of big keys:
B. Rush defense- right now we're 17th in the leaguge against the pass. We have to improve on this- Hermie ball demands that you can run the football and stop the run.
C. Eddie Kennison's Hammie- Bowe has been contained the last couple of weeks. We need a healthy Kennison making teams pay for single covering him to keep up the passing attack, which has been effective at opening up the run for LJ.
3. No, unless Brady and Manning are knocked out for the season in a bizzare set of simulataneous
credit card commercial shooting mishaps.
BONUS- Sadly, very high. What a rediculous, corrupt system the BCS is.